On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Museums and one great show

Every Tuesday night we have a speaker come in from London to talk about different eras or just give information about the UK. Our speaker this past week did his grad school at KU and he told a story about when he drove to colorado and when he stopped in salina. I was pretty proud...well this isn't the point of my story, but a cool fact. After our lecture, the next day we go out and see whatever we talked about the night before.Yesterday we had our first excusion to the museum of london which was actually quite cool. we literally walked through the history of London and I saw some awesome artifacts--like really old ones people. I also saw the most ornate carriage I had ever seen. It literally looked like it was out of a fairytale. It didn't have any spinning rims or DVD players in the backseat, but it was still pretty sweet!! After the museum, Dana and I really wanted to go see a show since we were down in the theatre area. So we went to see if we could get tickets to Andrew Lloyd Weber's new musical, Woman in White. We got half price tickets for the show and sat in the FRONT ROW. it was such an amazing show!! I got teared up a few times because it was so powerful. Michael Crawford, the originial phantom, is in it although we didn't see he. however, his part really isn't that significant so i didn't feel as if I were missing a lot. I would highly recommend this show to anyone.
after the show, dana and i had to book it to catch the last tube of the night. we were packed in that car like sardines. It was crazy. I wanted to play marco polo, but somehow I thought it wouldn't be a good suggestion.
Overall, it was just an awesome day. I'll post a picture in the next couple of days of me outside the theatre. it's a beautiful theatre by the way!! tonight I'm going on a walking tour in the mayfair area to see where lots of famous people have lived. I'll let you know how that goes soon. Let me know how things are back in the states!
LOVE YOU ALL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home