On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Been Doing A Lot

So it has been awhile since I updated this so I have a lot to say...Goodness...Lets see....Wednesday we headed down to Dover where this beautiful castle is, but it was closed due to "bad weather." I'm sorry but that was not nearly enough snow or ice to close it down. So we all bummed around on the fricking cold English Channel shore which was pretty breathtaking considering we could see France very clearly and the White Cliffs. After that, we drove up to Cantebury to see that cathedral which was very beautiful. We were there a little too long, but I got to walk around the town a little so that was good. I got these super cut hot pink (surprise) mittens with the fingers cut off. I feel like I could break out in a song from Oliver at any moment and to be honest, I have some. :) Wednesday night was sports/dance night at our student union so we headed over there. The dancing didn't really start until 9:30 so I had to sit through 3 britney songs...It was torture you guys! You just don't NOT dance to Britney. It should be a crime!! So we finally started dancing and I was there until about 11:00 or so. Thursday was the free hooka night at our student union. Yeah for real. It was sooo fun. For those of you that don't know what the hooka is, I'll explain later because if I write it out now, it may look worse than it really is. Don't worry, its not illegal or anything. Friday I booked 3 trips!Next Thursday I am going to Ireland for the weekend, the weekend after that I am going to Wales, and then 2 weeks after that I am going to Spain! I really needed to do something Valentines weekend because big surprise, I'm single on valentines and this year I don't get to babysit my cute cousins which really bums me out. Im so excited to finally get to really travel and I can't wait to do more traveling...Friday night was really fun for me though. I went on the boat dinner party down the Thames with the church I go to. There were about 100 or more college kids there so I met a ton of people. We ate, learned how to salsa dance, and got to see London at night which is just spectacular! After we docked I found out some people live right by me so I went and hung out with them at their flat. We drank tea of course and then just talked. I have real British friends now and it totally rocks!! Yesterday, one of my flatmates and I went to Portebello Market down in Notting Hill. It was sooo much fun and we saw so much cool stuff--pricey stuff as well. I got a couple gifts for some people, but didn't see much for myself really. I want to go back though and take some pics along with seeing the different places the movie was filmed. So I just wrote a lot and Im sorry you have to read it all, but I'll try not to go as long without writing next time. Send me some e-mails because it absolutely makes my day to hear from you all. Much love!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home