On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Wales

Hey everyone!! Well, I just had another exciting weekend traveling to another country. I headed up to Wales this weekend and had a blast. It was so cool to be in Welsh land. I got excited everytime I saw a sign that said Welsh on it. We saw a ton of castles which was pretty sweet. We climbed on one of them that was on top of a hill and ate lunch. Wales was really beautiful will the mountains and lakes all around. It was pretty rainy and misty in some parts, but it gave a cool effect so I'm hoping my camera was able to capture it. We also saw a blizzard on top of a mountain although it wasn't really sticking. It was so cute because some people on our trip had never seen snow so they were soooo excited.I have to say that the best part was the people on the tour. We had a small group, 22 to be exact. There were tons of Australians again and they were so much fun! WE sang a lot on the bus and I even got up and danced up and down the aisle to Footloose. I'm sure that doesn't surprise any of you though! The first night we were in this hostel that has a cool pub in it and two friends adn i were playing darts when two guys came over to challenge us. One of them was probably my age and the other one was probably nearly 40. Well, I got picked up by the 40 year old and I don't mean like hit on, but literally picked up. He was pretty drunk, but scooped me up in his arms and of course I have no idea what to do and meanwhile Katie is laughing at me. It was quite an experience. Shortly after that, we decided to go ahead and go into our rooms. Saturday night would surpass that though. WE went to this pub and there was a group of Welsh bikers standing around and singing very loudly traditional pub and welsh songs. We of course encouraged them by clapping and cheering and then they came over and asked us to sing. We were singing songs from like the 60's and I don't think they thought it was very cool. Then all of us were singing our national anthems and we Americans were hoping they wouldn't ask us because we are always unsure what people think of us, but they were cool so we sang our hearts out. I of course stood up and ended it with "play ball!" It gets better though. Katie wants a pic with these guys so Dana and I go with her and he asks if we want to see his eyes and we're like "what? He definitely pulled down his pants to show the entire pub the two eyes he has tattooed on his butt. I'm in totally shock and i turn away because I'm afraid i'll see somethign else. He then pulled them up and then pulled them down again. He finally pulled his pants up for good, but regretfully forgot to zip his fly. wow.....now that is what I call a memory.
I think another highlight was going to this small village...totally forgot the name, but it starts with a P. Soemthing like Portmelio...or soemthing. It was the setting of the show The Prisoner from the 60's. it was super cute and kinda reminded me of a part of Disneyworld, although how would I know since I've never been there!! Listen to me complain while I sit in London......anyhoo, it has colorful houses, fountains, and was right on the shore. It was beautiful. I was waiting for people to come out and sing "it's a small world afterall," but no such luck. I just really loved it and I could defnitely go there on vacation.
Let's see...it was a great weekend and now I've got a lot of stuff due this week. Luckily I did almost all of is before I left!! Go me!! Tomororw two of our new Australian friends are going out with my friends adn I for Valentines Day. My boyfriend was going to fly over, but "doesn't exist" airlines doesn't fly over here. I'd love to hear what all of you are doing for Valentines so drop me a line.
I love you all very much and if I were home, I'd make you all cute valentines....or just buy cute Barbie ones. :) SPeaking of pink, i totally got super cute hot pink rain boots this weekend. I LOVE THEM!!! oh oh...also...you'll never guess where I went in one of the towns we stopped in!!! THERE WAS A SCRAPBOOK STORE!! It was like my mother ship was calling me home!! I didn't buy anything, but it was just refreshing to be somewhere familiar!! okay...gotta go.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home