On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Northern Ireland, The Producers, and more...

Now I thought that I loved England, but I fell in love with Northern Ireland this past weekend. It was really funny to think that I usually head to Conway for the weekend, but this past weekend I flew to a whole new country. Crazy. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful it was along the coast line. I climbed up mountains, along the coastline, and went through cute towns while learning a ton of history. I absolutely loved it from start to finish. I was on a great tour with two really funny irish male tour guides and we had a small group--about 12 people. Most of the group was from australia so I got to learn about their culture too by talking with them all. I have to admit that I loved learning more about the fight between the catholics and protestants because before I never quite understood it all. It really opened my eyes up to God's heart for the world and His people. Definitely pray for peace there because they so desperately need it! I would love to see peace in my lifetime!! I'm hoping to share some pics sometime soon so watch your inbox for some.
Monday was a really excited day because I toured two theatres here in London and then also got to see The Producers which was spectacular!! It was probably the most fun I have had at a show in a long time. I would highly recommend it to anyone!!
Today was excursion day and we went up to Bath which is a cute little town tucked away by the side of a mountain about 2 hours away from London. They have these ancient Roman hot spring baths which were really quite impressive. That stuff is old man!!! I also walked around and took some pics of course. There was a definite charm to the town and I absolutely loved my day away from the city.
Before going to Bath, we stopped at Stonehenge. It's really not impressive as it is hyped up to be, but it's just something cool to say that I have been to. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere and it is stuck between two roads so you can literally just drive by it and glance at it and get the same view as paying to go look at it. I did have the best scone at their cafe there though. Leave it to me to remember food over great history. :) I would love to hear your ideas on why they built stonehenge so feel free to post an idea.
well, that is about it for now...i've got to run and do homework and then settle down to watch desperate housewives. I still get a little american culture everyone once in awhile. As always, i hope things are great where you all are at. Much love and prayers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home