On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Friday, February 04, 2005

Nelson Mandela AND Harry Potter

You may be thinking how in the world these two names go together and to be honest, I don't know how either, BUT I've had an experience involving them both this week!!
well to start off, wednesday I headed over to the tate britain and then the tate modern. Both awesome museums. I saw some INCREDIBLE art people. that night I was bored so we jumped on the tube and found ourselves at Kings Cross Station which happens to have the platform
9 and 3/4 from Harry Potter. They even have a shopping cart halfway through the wall. WE took lots of fun pics!!
Yesterday, I skipped a class. I know, I know. You think i'd be able to go to all my classes since i only go 3 times a week, but I had a legitimate reason! Nelson Mandela was speaking so of course I jumped at teh invitation. he was speaking for the "make poverty history." there were a ton of people there and sooo awesome to be there on that day. Some people in my program definitely asked me who he was because they didn't know who he was. Oh my gosh..I about hit the floor. Leave it to us Americans to not know who the REAL important figures are!!
Last night I flew to dublin and currently I am in Belfast. I've had an incredible day in Northern Ireland and I have much more to see the next two days. I'll be in touch when I get back. Monday I have two backstage tours and then I'm going to go see the Producers. crazy! i'll be so busy and so tired, but it is worth it. I hope things are going well in the states. I'd love to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home