On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Little bit of everything...

So it has been awhile since I have written so I'll try not to make this super long.....Last thursday I had an awesome Bible study over at my british friends' flat. It ended at 9, but I definitely stayed until 12:30 just talking and hanging out. I love my British buds!!! Friday during the day I ventured off to the Photographers Gallery and the National Gallery. I saw some awesome paintings such as Van Gogh's Sunflowers and various other famous painters. I also ate a sack lunch in Leicester Square Gardens and people watched for awhile and journaled to. That night, I went and played badminton with my British buds. I felt ever so proper--especially when I would make a good hit and they would say things like ,"well done, Raegan." so cute!"
Saturday was quite possibly the laziest day of my life, but really fun. one of my friends, Mike who is from church, was having a Lord of the Rings marathon. I literally sat from 9:30 in the morning until 12:30 that night with very little movement. I also drank like 12 cups of tea. I'm not even kidding. I had never seen the movies so I figured I should just go all out. it was a fun day even though I did very little.
Sunday I went to Hamleys, which is the FAO schwartz for England. I was looking for Harry Potter toys for a special someone who is turning 6 in May, but I was a little picky so I didn't find exactly what I wanted. It was still fun though to be in the 5 level toy store. I wasn't that impressed with the Barbie section though...Sunday evening I went to church like always--another great service.
Um....today we went to Oxford and Blenheim Palace. Oxford was pretty cool although we didnt' get a ton of time there. however, I did get to see parts where Harry Potter was filmed so that rocked. I found out they were filming there just a few weeks ago for the next movie. I wish I hadn't known that because I would have KILLED to be there to see the stars! Besides the Harry Potter thing, I went to the pub were C.S. Lewis and JR Tolken along with friends would go every tuesday to discuss things along with the books they were writing.
Blenheim palace was really beautiful. it was a cross between Hampton Court Palace and Versailles. It was fricking cold because it was snowing, but that made it look even more beautiful. our tour guide was really funny so I really enjoyed that.
I think that is about it.....this weekend I'm headed to Spain..Barcelona to be exact. I'm super pumped. I'm hoping to pick up a nice Spanish lover....just kidding!!!
Oh....so the whole thing about the Queen not going to the Royal Wedding is great over here...I love this gossip!! so fab!
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home