On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Monday, March 21, 2005

Bumming around London

so although I'm on spring break, I haven't done a ton yet. I got done with school on thursday at 12:30 so I ventured off to Camden Town which is a cool market area. It is really hippy, but also punk too. I kinda stuck out. I walked around all day because it was beautiful and walked clear across Regents Park. It was great!I spent St. Patty's with my British friends and we totally went bowling. I was expecting the shoes to be like designer stilettos or something, but they were just like our good american bowling shoes. after bowling, we headed back to a flat for tea of course. Friday I just went to areas I haven't been to around London before ending up at Regents Park with some of my flatmates to fly a kite. it was a beautiful day! Saturday I went to an apologetics seminar with my church all day. it was awesome! I learned soooo much. After that, we had a big dinner at a flat and then we just hung out until like 3 am. it was a blast! Yesterday I didn't do too much besides go to church and hang out. we went out to dinner at this famous chicken place called nando's here. a guy paid for me so it was free. it was great! I'm sorry my life has been a little boring. I've gearing up for Switzerland though--I leave wednesday and I'm super stoked. it's going to rock. i'm also going to jump over to germany too. Can I just say that on March 16, was the first day I have NOT worn my coat since being in London. I know most of you have been having like 70 degree weather, but it has been cold here! I've been spending as much time as possible outside. It's been super!!
Since I haven't done a ton, let me tell you some crazy stories....so have you heard about all the crazy crime over here recently? I had been thinking how safe I felt in this city and then all this crime errupts at once. A guy got mugged outside the tube station right by my flat and got his glasses broken against his face. Some guy got beheaded with an axe on a street here in London. Apparently some people are stuck in the old days. I'm sure it confused some tourists. They have also been catching a ton of terrorists here. THey had to stop the tube to arrest some terrorist on it. crazy!! I also saw this fight where a guy pulled out a knife. I'm sure this isn't making you guys feel good about me being over here is it? I assure that I'm being sensible, but it is just crazy! there also have been a couple of murders and stuff. I'm beginning to feel as if I am back in America again or something.
Well, I'll end my post on that disturbing note....i'm just so nice....
much love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home