On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Errr....lots of stuff

Okay, so I've been bad again and I haven't written for quite a long time. I'm trying to think of all I've done. Well, this past thursday we got to tour the houses of Parliament which were quite extravagant!! Even though I've never been to D.C., but I'm sure it makes it look like the ghetto. I walked down the exact hallway that the Queen does when she makes her annual Queen Speech. Pretty cool eh? there is also a wing to the Houses that is literally 1000 years old!! It was crazy cool!! We got to talk to a a rep from the House of Commons which was pretty cool. He reminded me a lot of Hugh Grant. I really zoned out on what he was saying (sorry political stuff just isn't my cup of tea) but I enjoyed looking at him. After the tour, i had the whole day to go explore or see a show, but I took a 4 hour nap. Whoops. I must have been tired so I figured it was okay. Thursday was another awesome Bible study!! After that we headed to Soho to go to the 4 story O'Neills Irish pub. wow, I just wrote I went to Bible study and then to a pub. i'm sure that sounds bad. We danced to some awesome 80's music before calling it an early night. Friday, I went to the British Library which was actually very cool. they have some truly amazing artifacts!! i looked at 1300 year old Bibles including the guttenberg Bible!! I also saw the Magna Carta!! They also had a few of the original pieces of paper with lyrics from the Beatles. They also had Jane Austen's writing desk!!! My particular favorite though was the original manuscript of Jane Eyre. I stared at it for like 10 minutes in awe. There was also the original composition of the Messiah by Handel and the first editions or manuscripts of Beowulf, Alice in wonderland, Cantebury tales, David Copperfield, and so much more. They also had the very first picture of Shakespeare in there. After that, I headed to this knitting exhibition for my mum. Not too exciting, would have been cooler if it were a scrapbooking one! :)
Friday night I went and played badminton with my british friends again and then we headed over to their flat to eat and hang out. I do have to mention that during Badminton I suggested we combine ninja moves and badminton together. it spiced up this classic came quite a bit. I had a hard time hitting the birdie though as I jumped and kick. it was fun regardless! we also played scrabble at the flat and I discovered I have the vocabulary of a 4 year old--very depressing as you can imagine!
yesterday, we headed out of London to Leeds Castle which was beautiful. It was set on yet another beautiful estate with water surrounding it so it was like an island. It is still used for meetings and was actually still lived in until the 60's. It was much more homey than the other castles I've seen. i could definitely live there. They also had a cool maze with a grotto under it. I think that is what is is called. It has beautiful seashell art and waterfalls. to me it looked like goonies so I was looking for gold and Sloth, but I was unsuccessful at both attempts. Last night I went to this awesome program at the Royal Albert Hall called Prom Praise. It was a huge orchestra with a huge choir along with 2 soloists--the male one reminded me of Josh Groban so yes I did fall in love last night. :) they played some contemporary christian music and hymns. they also presented the gospel too which was very awesome to hear. It was just incredible seeing like 2000 people sing. There is also a HUGE organ inside that just blew me out of the water. I loved it and the best part was that my tickets were only £4 !! It was probably the cheapest thing to see there and now I can say I've seen something in the Royal Albert Hall.
this morning, I went to the changing of the guards. It was pretty cool. they definitely just don't clock in and clock out for that job. I think I got some cool shots with my awesome zoom lens. You can't get close to them so I don't know if I'll get an attempt to make one laugh. Crushed dreams I tell ya....
After that, we had a huge dinner in our flat. I havne' t had really good food in sooooo long. I then took another nap...hehe...then I went to church which was awesome!!! I love my church here and all the people!
so that is what I've done...what about you???? this week I'm seeing 2 shows for school, going to a museum, and then I start spring break on thursday!! woooo!!
let me know how things are.....love you all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home