On a Quest to Find Harry Potter

Thursday, April 07, 2005

To be or Not to be...

Before I get to my Shakespeare bit, I have to tell you a few things I did last week. Tuesday we didn't have school and I wanted to go walking and take black and white pics around London. So I set off walking and just kept walking, and walking, and walking. I actually walked all the way from my flat to the tower bridge. I know for those of you that don't know London, this means nothing, but I pretty much walked from one side of zone 1 to the other. Once again, this probably means nothing to do non-London people, but I walked probably for nearly 3 or so hours if that gives any image. It was sooo good though. I really enjoyed my time just walking by myself and looking at everything. I'm soaking up every day here! that night we headed to a karoake bar. I had seen one in Leicester square so we headed over there. we walked in and sat down and my friends began to notice the abundance of males. do you see where this is going? I suddenly listen closely and I hear "strong enough" by Cher being sang by a male and i pretty much just bust up laughing. so I had taken my friends to a gay karoke bar. At first, I was like we should leave, but watching these guys sing was just too entertaining. They weren't your average singers, i think they probably practiced these songs and were actually people trying to make it to the big time. As we walked out, there were two huge rainbow flags in front. how i missed that, i'll never know! Only I would stumble into a gay bar by accident. I'll never forget that night for sure! :)
the next night we went to a sweet piano bar where i am in love with the piano player. he's beautiful and he sings so well and can play everything. I'm going there again for a birthday party for a friend from church, I think he might think i'm stalking him. oh well...
well, yesterday we had an excursion to Straford-upon-Avon were Shakespeare was born and died. It was such a super cute town and his houses were just lovely! I love the cottages there. we also saw the church where he was buried along with the rest of his family. that night some of us stayed and we saw a production of A Midsummer's Night Dream by the Royal Shakespeare Company. It was was modernized somewhat. It was a great production. I loved it!!
well, I've actually got to run to class, but hey...i'll be home in 22 days...crazy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home